Published - Thu, 16 Mar 2023
Choosing a career path is a daunting process. You’re supposed to find something you love while also factoring in things like long-term stability and supporting the overall lifestyle you want. A digital marketing career isn’t necessarily the dream job most people aspire to while they’re in school. But when you consider the opportunities in this dynamic field, you’ll see that the digital marketing career outlook is nothing but positive and will continue to be so in 2023.
Due to its capacity to promote goods and services to a bigger worldwide audience at reasonable prices, digital marketing has grown significantly in India since its inception. One of the many reasons why marketers turned to digital marketing was the option of promoting your items online to only those who meet your target audience criteria or retargeting your ads precisely to people who have previously shown interest. And to top it all off, since the COVID-19 crisis rocked the world, small and large businesses alike have embraced digital marketing because it has shown to be one of the most successful ways to run marketing campaigns even when viewers are confined to their homes. There was no halting the constant emergence of new digital marketing trends. Many firms were able to survive and re-establish themselves thanks to digital marketing during these trying times. Digital marketing quickly moved from being a newly effective marketing component to being more of a need than a choice for every firm. The creation of an online presence and meeting customer needs were crucial to survive the escalating competition. It was only natural for businesses to transfer their attention there given the growing amount of time consumers spend on their phones and the Internet. So, the reach of digital marketing has proven to be noteworthy with the growing necessity for it in every company due to the advantages it brings. In India, the market for digital advertising was estimated to be worth around 47 billion in 2015. By the end of the financial year 2020, that market would have grown to about 199 billion. By the financial year 2024, this amount is anticipated to increase to 539 billion rupees, demonstrating a significant expansion of the digital advertising market. This demonstrates that a lot of money is being invested in these digital channels nowadays, demonstrating the extensive utilization of digital marketing activities. These activities require highly qualified personnel to manage them in order to run successfully. So, that is one encouraging statistic pointing to a stimulating career path in digital marketing in India.
The Digital Marketing Job Role Is Constantly Evolving
One of the reasons a digital marketing career is so exciting is that because the field is constantly evolving as different platforms are introduced. A digital marketing manager is always scoping out trends and seeing how they impact discoverability.
Building experience in digital marketing encompasses just about every facet of a brand’s presence online. As search engines roll out new updates, digital marketing managers determine how they impact website rankings. From there, the entire marketing team works together to create a strategy.
Why Digital Marketing Job Roles Are the Future?
While traditional marketing still has its place in the world, digital marketing is quickly taking over thanks to affordability and analytics. Marketing managers are now able to see exactly where people are coming from, what they’re doing on the website, and which tactics produce the highest ROI. This data-driven approach makes it easier for professionals to prove their worth, and for leaders to see which strategies are most effective. Successes to be replicated over again, eliminating the guesswork for future campaigns.
Is There a High Demand for Digital Marketing Jobs?
The Digital Marketing market is further expected to scale with a CAGR of 32.1% by 2028, with a value of USD 24.1 billion. There will be close to 6 billion internet users by 2027. The demand for skilled digital marketers will only increase in the coming years. According to LinkedIn, Digital Marketing is also one of the top skills to learn in 2023 to boost your career. All these factors show that now is the best time to learn new skills and kickstart your career!
Why should you choose a career in digital marketing?
Digital marketing is a wide field and there are plenty of avenues which you can go down if you engage in it. If you want to learn something every day, you can even move up the ranks and become a manager. However, there are several other reasons why digital marketing can be a profitable venture for you:
1. Utilization of skills: In the modern world, companies are looking for people with soft skills. If you are someone from the middle-income bracket and have some digital skills under your belt, then you can upscale yourself by learning more skills, especially in this area. Planned learning of skills can eventually take you forward in your future expeditions.
2. Versatile field: In many different fields, if you have already taken a specialization, it becomes difficult to shift your path. You might have to go through extensive training. However, with digital marketing, very little training is required for you to make the required switch. In most cases, digital marketing fields have something for everyone. You can build up on your existing skills and learn new skills on the job.
3. Evolving industry: When a person is looking for a job, they also search for job security. Hence, they would often go to an evolving industry which may not go through a possible emergency shutdown. Digital marketing is quite new in that aspect and it is always growing. If you are eager to learn and improve, there’s always something around the corner.
Since there are several roles to fill up when you are in this industry and different creative marketing strategies that you can develop, digital marketing will not only place you in a secured field but also help you invest yourself completely in the industry.
4. Earnings: Digital marketing jobs are in demand and so, there is a lot of opportunity for you to negotiate your remuneration. One of the best things about digital marketing is that you do not have to be in-house to work. You can also work as a freelancer or remotely. If you have the experience or the skill and if you can show your achievements, then you can negotiate and get your desired salary in this field. In India, the different roles in the digital marketing field have separate salary slabs. An approximation of the per annum salary of each chief role is:
|Role||Salary in Rupees|
|Digital Marketing Manager||4 lakhs to 10 lakhs|
|SEO Manager||3 lakhs to 7 lakhs|
|SEM/PPC expert||3 lakhs to 5 lakhs|
|Web developer/designer||3 lakhs to 6 lakhs|
|Social Media Manager||3.5 lakhs to 7 lakhs|
|Content Writer||2.5 lakhs to 5 lakhs|
5. Creativity: Digital marketing is a very creative discipline. Unlike many technical professional fields, digital marketing provides an opportunity for many creative people. There are jobs in writing, designing and audio and video production. Plus, developing marketing strategies, solving problems and finding ways to engage audiences require creative solutions as well.
6. Training as you please: It has already been established that digital marketing is a field where you need to learn new skills to keep going up the ranks. However, the best part is that you can train at your own pace and within your own comfort level. If you are working as a freelancer or engaged in a work-from-home contract, then you can learn in your own home.
You can take up online courses to help you with your skill training. You can even volunteer to build a website or a blog and engage in social media management of your personal page. It will help you to create an amazing portfolio for yourself. Plus, most of these skills do not require a lot of financial investment from your end too.
7. Working in a diverse environment: It is not a mystery that networking really helps, especially when it comes to professional growth. When you enter the digital marketing field, you have the opportunity to expand your creative side since you will be meeting a lot of different people with different skill sets. By working with different people, you get a chance to not only learn from them but also get a new direction in life, like understanding a new skill which will enrich your portfolio further.
Digital marketing is the future of business. No sector will be able to survive, or compete in the market without adopting a proper digital marketing strategy. A consistent growth in business is not possible without accepting this ultramodern sales promotion tool. Organizations, who have understood this business essentiality, are getting ahead of their nearest competitors in the market. Again, there are many business entities are growing tremendously only on the basis of their online presence, and digital marketing tools. These organizations, like Amazon, Alibaba, Flipkart, Jabong, Snapdeal, and hundreds other are the starkest examples of future business concept of the world.
Fri, 24 Nov 2023
Fri, 10 Nov 2023
Fri, 10 Nov 2023